SmackDown will air tonight (November 11) with a live show from Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is the first SmackDown Build towards the episode over the course of three weeks Survivor SeriesWhich was on 26 November.
The New Day will be about stopping the Usos
The Usos are on the verge of becoming the longest reigning men WWE Tag Team Champions in history. The only team standing in their way is The New Day, who hold the current record. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods will look to defend that record in tonight’s main event when they challenge Jimmy and Jey for the belts.
Unlike Roman Reigns’ title match, the ending of this match is actually up in the air. Some believe that Jimmy and Jay will win because it’s never wise to bet against The Bloodline. Others think the Usos will win because the team of Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens needs to take them down.
From where I sit, New Day has a really good shot at winning this match. One reason is that WWE needs to set up a Men’s War Games match as soon as possible, and nothing was announced Monday on that front. Maybe it’s because The Bloodline will be the focus of War Games, but they’re so dominant that they don’t have a good reason to go to war. Losing these tag titles would inspire The Bloodline to go to war against The New Day and any babyfaces who played a role in taking the titles away from The Usos.
Speaking of which, The Bloodline broke Sheamus’ arm a few weeks ago, so maybe he’ll come back tonight and pay them back.
Then there’s the Sami Zen factor. Zayn is the most entertaining guy in WWE right now and is at his best when he has tension with Jey Uso. If Zayn’s involvement in this match backfires, it provides another opportunity to defuse the tension going forward.
Does Jey Uso need some time off? You wouldn’t know it from his recent performances, but Michael Cole suggested last week that Jay has a broken wrist.
Finally, I’d like to point out this line that Kofi Kingston dropped at the end of his promo this week raw On discussing what the record means to him:
“It represents a time, perhaps the last time, that a new day was complete.”
Is Big E expected to make a surprise cameo tonight and play some sort of role in ending the match?
There are plenty of reasons to think that New Day can stop The Usos from breaking their record. Maybe I’m looking for something that isn’t actually there, but that’s part of the fun of anticipating a high stakes pro wrestling match.
The rest of the title scene
SmackDown Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey is hanging out with Shayna Baszler and they’ve already put Natalya on the surgeon’s table. Tonight’s episode includes a six-pack challenge where the winner gets a future shot at Rousey’s belt. Women vying for the spot include Xia Lee, Raquel Rodriguez, Liv Morgan, Shotzi, Lacey Evans and Sonya Deville. This could be WWE’s way of restarting Raquel’s singles push.
The SmackDown The World Cup is on the horizon. The winner of this eight-man tournament gets a shot at the future title Intercontinental Champion Guntar. The tournament is inspired by the FIFA World Cup football tournament and should be of international standard. The full bracket is expected to be revealed tonight.
IYO SKY and Dakota Kai are at it again WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions After defeating Asuka and Alexa Bliss here crown jewel. That feud will continue here in the War Games match Survivor SeriesBut their story may not spread there SmackDown tonight
WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is listed on the event page of WWE’s website for tonight’s card. After defeating Logan Paul, he has no clear opponent crown jewel, so maybe the tribal chiefs are here to be part of the match angle of the men’s war games. His simple explanation is that he’s here to celebrate with his cousins after beating New Day, or even help them win that match.
Other things to watch out for
– Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Santos Escobar is booked for tonight. Legado del Fantasma is looking for revenge on Shinsuke after helping Hit Rolla embarrass them in the ring a few weeks ago.
– Bray Wyatt is trying to rewrite the ending of his story and prove that he doesn’t need to be a masked monster in search of that untouchable height. Uncle Howdy has other ideas and says that Wyatt is a liar who will give in to those urges and go too far. Any more clues as to where this story is going tonight?
– Braun Strowman dominated at Omos crown jewel But a lucky running powerslam landed to win the match. Is Strowman satisfied with that showing, or does he need a more convincing win against the big man?
– As soon as Carrion Crosses out of the steel cage crown jewel, Drew McIntyre says their feud is over and he’s ready to move on to the big prizes. Could it include the War Games or the SmackDown World Cup? What if Carrion isn’t ready to let him go?
– Emma was happy with her recent efforts in her match against Ronda Rousey, but Xia Li said Emma proved to be weak. Emma responds by putting her hand in Xia’s face, so a match between the two is a natural progression here.
– LA Knight says he’s the megastar of a generation. He talked trash to ring announcer Samantha Irwin last week before defeating Ricochet in a match. I’m sure Ricochet will be looking for another shot at this blow.
what are you looking for SmackDown?