|It’s Border War Week!|
|It’s a rivalry week as the Rams host Wyoming at Canvas Stadium!|
Game Day Details
Colorado State (2-7, 2-3 MW) vs. Wyoming (6-3, 4-1)
Saturday, November 12 – 5 p.m
Canvas Stadium – Fort Collins, Colo.
Tickets/Parking » Buy now
Presenter: FNBO and OCR
How to track the game:
📺 television » CBS Sports Network
(John Sadak, Randy Cross)
📻 Radio tuning » CSU Sports Network
📻 radio stream » University Network App
📊 Live statistics » Sidearm statistics feed
Game Day Primer
Jay Norwell Weekly press conference
» see | Read on
Weekly game notes
» Read on
CSU Insider Podcast
Jay Norwell Coach’s Radio Show
» listen | University Network App
⏰ Wednesday – 6 p.m
📍 CB & Potts Colindale
Game Promotion and Guest
What to Wear: Wear green!
» Military Appreciation Day
» Republic Services Food Drive – Please donate non-perishable food items to bins throughout tailgating!
Old Chief Bell Ringer: Bob Halverson
Guest Artillery: Colonel Mike Mathis
Postgame on the porch: After the game, the new Belgium Porch will be open for extra hours and for the head coach Jay NorwellThe post-game press conference will be broadcast on RamVision.
Game Day Timeline
Friday, Nov. 11
Afternoon – Bronze Boot Run Ceremony at the CO-WYO Border (Hwy. 287)
7 pm – Game Ball arrives at Moby Arena
» Cadets will drive the game ball up the floor during women’s and men’s basketball games
7:15 pm – The game ball came to the canvas stadium
» Coach Norwell and Director of Athletics Joe Parker will meet with the cadets to accept the game ball.
Saturday, Nov. 12
Afternoon – Volleyball vs. Air Force
» Join us in celebrating Senior Day with Jacqi van Liefde and Head Coach Tom Hilbert for the final regular season home game!
1:00 p.m – Parking/tailgating opens
1:00 pm – New Ram Nagar opened!
» Corner of Meridian and Hughes
» Rams Kids Zone Inflatables
» Coors Light Ram Walk Tailgate
» Food vendors
2:15 pm – Meet the team for the Ram Walk!
» Corner of Meridian and Hughes
» Read more about the new 2022 design
3:30 pm – The gates opened
4:17 pm – Comatose Fire!
» Tailgating stops
4:43 pm – Golden Poems/Band Take the Field
4:45 pm – National Anthem with Pre-Game Flyover!
4:50 pm – Rams take the field with another flyover!
5:02 pm – Kick off!
Monday Presser: Lubick is an inspiration for the event
» The veteran head coach spoke with the Rams on Monday.
Explosives play a positive sign for crime
» Big plays help young players grow.
Two uniforms. An equal degree of pride
» Meet CSU cheerleader Katelyn Weemes
Memorable Moments: 47th Meeting Ne Conference Title
» History of border war goes back to 70 years ago.
Meet Coby McNeal, a current Ram football player who spent six years in the Marines
» Meet our 26-year-old walk-on freshman, a former Marine, Coby McNeil
- Saturday’s game is the 114th game of the Border Wars between Colorado State and Wyoming where the teams battle for the Bronze Boot each year.
- The Rams will host Wyoming at home with fans for the first time since 2018. When the Rams won the Bronze Boot back from the Cowboys in 2020, it was without fans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The margin of victory in the series is one. Colorado State does not count the first meeting in 1899, a 12–0 victory by Colorado Agricultural College, as the game was ultimately forfeited.
- Every year since 1968, the winner of the Border War has been awarded the Bronze Boot, the boot worn in the Vietnam War by Capt. Dan J. Romero was part of the Colorado State ROTC from 1967-1969. The boot was restored for the first time in its history ahead of the 2021 season.
- The frontier war is the longest continuous hostilities west of the Mississippi River. Since adding the Bronze Boot to the rivalry game, the Cowboys have held a 29-25 advantage in the series. However, the Rams are 16-13 since the Sonny Lubick era began in 1993.
- Colorado State, for a variety of reasons, including injuries and roster moves, entered the border battle game 54 potential scholarship players Who could contribute before accounting for non-season-ending injuries that could limit players for a game or two.
- In fact, as a result of the transition, only Six players Added more than 200 offensive or defensive snaps during the 2021 season for Colorado State on the 2022 roster.
Colorado State in the Air Force
Saturday, November 19 – 7pm (FS2)
Colorado Springs, Colo.